6.20.2007

Last Day of Preschool

Today was Payton's last day of preschool...forever! I have been really excited for school to be over so that we can start fully enjoying summertime, but today as I drove Payton to preschool for the last time I got so sad. I can't believe that this chapter in my life is closing and that another one will be opening. My little Payton is going to be starting Kindergarten! When did he grow up? How did this happen? Where have the past 5 years gone? How has he already completed 2 years of preschool in his short little life? Wow! This morning was definitely a reality check. I feel like I'm starting a new job. I'm excited to move on to bigger and better things, but it's sad to say goodbye. It didn't help that Payton's teacher that he's had for 2 years was extremely emotional as well. As I picked up Payton for the last time, she walked out to the car with tears streaming down her face. Neither of us could say much. Starting Kindergarten just feels like the beginning of the end. However, Payton is so excited. Last night we didn't take a bath like we normally do in the evenings and I told him that he could take one in the morning. He replied, "I can't take a bath in the morning, I'm starting Kindergarten." I informed him that he didn't start for another month. I'm glad that he's excited to start kindergarten, but I still can't believe it's really happening!

July 2007 (Last Day of Preschool)

August 2006 (First Day of Pre-Kindergarten preschool year)

August 2005 (First day of Preschool)

Miss Tricia & Payton

5 comments:

Daily Jot & Tittle said...

I have a few tears just reading this entry...

Andi said...

Wow! I think that it took me about an hour just to catch up on your blog! I finally got mine caught up! Cute pictures and postings I loved reading all of it!

Kevin Bergstrom said...

Click on this blog and add me to your five: http://thecrotchetedvagariousmusingsofkrib.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Britt...I cannot believe how much Payton has grown! I love that you put these pictures by each other. I also love they are all taken by the same door! Seriously, your blog is fun to read!

Dani

Anonymous said...

The best part of this is that his hair is getting higher and higher ever year. Soon enough he will have a bee hive for a hair do!