9.01.2013

Journaling

I am in checklist mode.  This means that anything I have put on the checklist is essential.  I put "journal" on the checklist and managed to neglect it last week.  This week I must do better.  Today our lesson in Relief Society was a culmination of all the things I have been trying to implement in my life over the past month (six months, sixteen years).  BALANCE.

I started using these checklists.  Getting back to my organizing roots and the last two weeks have been amazing.

First things first.

Prioritizing.

Big picture.

Now...I've even returned to this journal.  I've realized this is something essential to my life.  I'm happier when I'm reflecting on my week through writing in a journal.  I absolutely love looking back at the past.  Typing is a much easier venue than pen and paper.  Now that google reader is no more, I don't even fear that anyone will read my deepest, darkest, journaling tales.

I feel like when I'm not journaling, I'm being ungrateful for the many blessings and memories that Heavenly Father has allowed me to have.  I also have the worst memory and, although I have a picture, I can barely remember the details of what happened last week.  This is my resolve to be better.  Not perfect.  Just better.   


Back to the checklists.  These have changed my life over the past couple weeks.  I'm so happy to be starting week 3 and feeling better than ever.  Sure, they are great for my kids.  I'm certainly not nagging as much and I don't have to hear, "You never told me to do that."  But, my favorite checklist is not the one I made for my boys.


My favorite checklist is mine.  Who knew that by checking off a little box, I could make sure my teeth were brushed by 8 am every morning (instead of remembering around lunchtime)?!  Who knew that I could be so diligent in my scripture study?!  So far, I've missed a few exercise check marks, but for the most part, this has been fabulous.  Apparently, keeping things super simple works for adults too.


I love that I get to spend more time with these cute boys!  It was the first Utah Football game on Thursday.  Tim & Payton were the lucky ones who got to go to the game.  The rest of us were busy with birthday parties, soccer practice and house chores.  


Parker went fishing for Cub Scouts.  He loves Cub Scouts.  He loved fishing.  He is lucky that he has super awesome leaders who send me these adorable pictures.


I am blessed.  My life is chaotic and messy and crazy, but sooo wonderful.  I don't ever want to forget these amazing memories!

No comments: