Merry Christmas!

We had such a fun Christmas this year. It is always such a busy day for our family, but it's all worth it! Here is how our Christmas timeline goes:

6:30 am
Wake up the boys! Open stockings & presents at our house. The boys get to enjoy their toys for a little bit before we throw on our slippers, jackets & head out the door.

8:00 am
Open stockings & presents at Bergstrom's. My parents love to go CRAZY and spoil the boys rotten. They always over do it! I was soo excited about some of the presents my parents gave us. We all got 72 hour emergency kits!! I've had that on my "to do" list for so long. Also, I got Photoshop Elements, which I've been wanting for awhile. I tried to edit a few photos here, but I really need some more practice. It's going to take me awhile before I'm doing fancy things like Dani & Lindsey!!

9:30 am
Open presents @ Grandpa & Grandma Chesnut's. We have always gone to my grandparents house first thing Christmas morning because Santa always came to their house, too. My brother, sisters & I are the only grandkids so my Grandma always liked to spoil us. The best part about Grandma's is the traditional breakfast. She makes biscuits & gravy, bacon, sausage, eggs, french toast, basically any breakfast food you can think of. It's delicious!

11:00 am
Open presents at Jones's. Luckily, Tim's family is much more easy going than my family and they love to sleep in. So we get to their house at just the right time for them. Usually, we are completely exhausted by the time we get there and they all look wonderful & rested. We exchanged gifts and ate some more breakfast. We all got a "family" gift, Xbox 360 along with "Rock Band." So we hung out for a little bit and tried out the new game on the new TV that Tim's parents just bought. Tim's parents had to head up to Logan to visit Tim's Grandparents so we left and headed home for a couple hours.

2:30 pm
Arrive back home. Unload our bags & bags & bags of newly acquired presents. Drop them on the floor. Take a nap!! This year I took a nap because I was so exhausted. Tim helped Payton with all his new Transformers. The boys played with their toys and watched one of their new movies, "Shrek the Third." After a quick nap and time to play with toys, we all FINALLY showered and got ready for the day so that we can head back over to my grandparent's house.

5:00 pm
Dinner at Chesnut's. The whole family gathers at my grandparent's house...again (3rd time in less than 24 hours) for a delicious Christmas feast. My Grandma makes ham, turkey, yams, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, corn, fruit, etc., etc. Anything you would expect at a feast. She also makes her traditional coconut cake, which is delicious. The boys have fun playing with their new toys and hanging out with family.

8:30 pm
Stop by Tim's parents house to pick up the 20 things that we left at their house. We were so tired we didn't know what we were doing.

9:00 pm
Arrive home!! Parker fell asleep in the car and Payton forced himself to stay awake so that he could play with his toys. Luckily, I had a nap and had just enough energy to begin cleaning up our HUGE mess. I can't believe what a disaster our house was. I got everything organized and mostly put away. Aaaah!!

11:30 pm
Pure exhaustion! We finally crash into bed for the night. What a day...Merry Christmas!


Romans Family said...

Your Christmas sounds like it was really fun and crazy. I am sorry you had to go to the hospital, but glad everything is ok. I can vaccum and pick up parker so call me for anything anytime!!!

Jay and Bec said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas..including the hospital stay. (I'm glad you're okay by the way). Ditto to what Melissa said. If you need any help, give me a call!

Lis said...

Sounds like such a Crazy Merry Christmas! How wonderful to have so much family so clost!
So did you ever get that ironing done?? Mine is still waiting for me! I would love to say 'call me' as well, but I am dying right now myself. I cannot pick up Enzo (which he is really hating) and I am avoiding things like vacuuming. I haven't yet called the doctor, cuz I've made it to the end of 2 pregnancies w/o going into early labor, but I will have to cave in if things don't subside here soon. I have been having more contractions recently than ever before (other than the times I was on an epidural, of course, and didn't feel them anyway). Marco is thinking I tore a muscle somewhere in my tummy which is making things ouchy AND perhaps causing the contractions, laying low isn't something I do well, as I know you can relate, but I have tried and when I do it seems to help calm things down some.
ANYWAY...I am sure you didn't care for that many details. I'm sure I'll be back to my normal pregnant self in no time, then you CAN call me. My kids would love to have some playmates around!
Take care of yourself. Good thing the holidays are over, we made it this far anyway!
Hope you don't get too crazy as the new year begins w/ Primary. Really, do let me know if I can help you...anything but heavy lifting. :)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

Let's get going on it. The possibilities are endless.

I'm glad that you had a great Christmas. Sorry about the pre-term labor. Let me know what I can do.

Dartay said...

Wow! I think of everyone I know you had the busiest day of them all! How do you do it, with being prego none the less! Your boys are too cute! Darren and I will miss you all in Primary but keep up the good work, you do a great job!

Reeses Pieces said...

Wow, what a busy day. I can say I don't miss that. Sometimes Christmas day can be just way too crazy! I'm glad to hear things are going okay with the pregnancy. I guess you're kind of used to it. But I'm sure it's never easy to hear that there are complications. Glad to hear you had a good Holiday. Happy New Year!