1.28.2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley



I'm so grateful for our beloved Prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley and the incredible life that he lived. I was so saddened by the news of his passing, but mostly grateful for his wonderful teachings and his influence in my life. I loved his quick whit and sense of humor. I'm so grateful that he was able to reach out to the world and cross so many boundaries that had never been crossed before. I'm grateful for his extraordinary energy that he had in carrying this work forward. I have to say that as the news sank in I was not moved to tears until I thought about the reunion that he is now having with his sweet wife, Marjorie. They had such an incredible relationship. It was always a pleasure to hear him talk about his wife and his relationship with her. I'm so grateful for our knowledge of eternal life.



Today as we are without our beloved prophet, the song, "We Thank Thee Oh God For a Prophet," keeps resonating through my mind and I can't believe how blessed we were to have President Hinckley presiding over our church for as long as he did. Words can not express what an amazing man he was.

Till we meet again!

2 comments:

Jordan said...

I really appreciate your posts. I love the variety. I love that you thought to blog about President Hinkley. You are an amazing person, I am so lucky to have you for a friend! I love the new look and music by the way.

Patty said...

Enjoyed your testimony and thankyou for the beautiful picture of our Prophet and his wife! You ARE amazing!