3.02.2008

Easy Layered Tomato Dip

This is one of my weekend favorites! I love to make this for a Saturday or Sunday afternoon when you just want to snack. I have been making this on Sunday mornings so that when we get home from church we have something to snack on while we're waiting for dinner. Yummy! This is also another recipe from Kraft Foods.



Prep Time:
10 min
Total Time:
3 hr 10 min
Makes:
3 cups dip or 24 servings, 2 Tbsp. dip and 16 crackers each
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese, softened
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 small tomatoes, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
1/3 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
WHEAT THINS Reduced Fat Baked Snack Crackers
MIX Neufchatel cheese and garlic until well blended.
SPREAD onto bottom of shallow serving bowl or 9-inch pie plate or onto serving plate; top with tomatoes, onions and Cheddar cheese. Cover and refrigerate several hours or until chilled.
SERVE as a dip with the crackers.

Instead of using garlic, I have tried mixing the cream cheese with 1/4 package of Ranch Dressing Mix. Also, I have used Taco Seasoning instead of the garlic. I like the Taco Seasoning the best. It tastes similar to 7-Layer Bean Dip, without the 7-layers and the beans!

2 comments:

Reeses Pieces said...

Yummy~those look great. I'll for sure have to try them both out. I love David Archuleta too. I think out of the 2 Mormons he'll for sure come out on top.

natalie said...

The brownies were a huge hit so I am going to give this a try. You better keep posting recipes because I love to try new things. Life gets pretty routine and so do my dinner ideas so I will take all of the new recipes I can get.