12.23.2008

cooper's extreme hair makeover


BEFORE...

Wild & crazy hair.  He has a cowlick in the middle that prevented his hair from being combed over to the side.  This hairdo has no rhyme or reason.

The back was improving.  His "thoot" (it's a Bergstrom term) was actually beginning to lay down.  

Yes, his hair was beginning to tame, but we did it anyway.  Cutting Cooper's hair was not an easy decision (okay, nothing for me is an easy decision.) I knew that this was the only time in his life that he could pull off such a crazy hairdo and I LOVED his crazy hair. I also knew what the outcome would be when we cut his hair.  Cooper's hair is very similar to Payton's when he was a baby. I was fully aware that once we cut his hair he would look like a completely different child.  I was also aware that he would probably have the same hairdo for the rest of his life. Despite all of these factors....
     
We gave our favorite stylist (and friend), Susie, the go ahead....

He did not love his first real haircut.  He has had many trims in his short life, but this was just too much.  The picture at the top shows how he really felt.  He didn't even love the sucker that I kept shoving in his mouth. 
 

AFTER...


So cute...we love our new little man's hairdo!

13 comments:

Laura Jansson said...

I love his new haircut!!! Such a cutie! :) -Laura Jansson

Jensens said...

CUTE! Wow, Susie looks different, I haven't seen her for a while. Wish she was closer to me, I miss her!

Alison said...

Really cute hair! I love the spikes!

Anonymous said...

What a stud! He looks great Brit.

Alison B said...

I love the new haircut!!! so cute. He does totally look different. Very cute, though!!! I love the spikes, too.

Jordan said...

I love the hair cut! I don't understand the attatchment mom's have with their sons baby hair. My aunt didn't cut my cousins hair until people started calling him a girl.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I didn't see this on your blog, but I'm kinda glad that I got to see it in person first. So cute. I just can't believe how different he looks. Nice job Susie. I'm sure she is used to it, but it would be so hard to cut babies hair. Seriously, that first picture just breaks me heart!

Daily Jot & Tittle said...

I love it! I especially love the sucker in his mouth. I remember doing that with Jack and the sucker had more hair on it than the floor did!

Angie said...

So cute! He looks more like his brothers now.

Reeses Pieces said...

Oh my gosh, in my mind I'm still picturing him as a wee tiny baby. Crazy how they grow so fast. Must be time for another HAHA!

Jay and Bec said...

So Cute! It makes him look like such a big boy!

Phipps Family said...

I can't get over how cute he is. It makes him not look like a baby, but a handsome little boy.

Brianne & Jarod said...

Man, he has gotten so big all of the sudden! What a cutie...love the new haircut too!