3.12.2010

impossible


(image found here)


I've never been a huge Alice in Wonderland fan, but my boys were so excited to see Tim Burton's new movie {advertising works!}. Personally, I think Tim Burton is a little creepy, but always intriguing. We took our boys to see this movie on Saturday and it was just as expected. A little creepy, but extremely intriguing. The makeup, characters, colors and imagination is incredible...and dark. For me, a good movie is one that inspires me. I love being able to find little gems of inspiration. Here is my favorite quote from this movie:

"Sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”

Lately, I've been a bit lazy. I think I've been scared to challenge myself. I've been extremely idle with my time and talents. Not anymore. As you can tell from my recent posts, I've been reinvigorated. I have a new sense of determination. I'm ready to take on the impossible. Here are the six impossible things I'm doing today:

1. No treats or diet coke.
2. Prepare for my new job {ceo...remember}
3. {finally} Balance our checkbook
4. Get dressed in cute clothes, put on makeup & do my hair
{I haven't done the combination of these three things all week long!}
5. Be temperate.
6. Keep myself, my house and my kids perfectly clean all while enjoying my children, having fun and being nice!

Remember, the quote is "I believed" not "I accomplished." Just let me "believe" that these things can actually happen today!



2 comments:

monique said...

I have been reading your posts lately and am totally intrigued by your new CEO position. I also know of a company in need of a good leader. I have yet to see Alice In Wonderland, but I agree with all you said about Tim Burton. I love that quote! Just believeing something can happen makes it possible. Glad to hear that you have some of the same seemingly impossible goals. If we beleive they can happen I am sure one of these days they will. What gave you the CEO idea was it from one of those ladies blogs you referenced earlier this week? I'd love to read what you have been to be inspired to be a better mom.

Us said...

I had to laugh at number six. It really is impossible to keep everything and everyone clean all while being nice. That is my challenge everyday, and if you haven't noticed my kids have definatley sacrificed on the being clean thing. :) he he EM