3.19.2010

st. patrick's day

Our St. Patrick's day celebrations seem to evolve into something bigger every year. A couple years ago, my friend Lisa, introduced this fun tradition to my children. She told them that if they left a picture of a Leprechaun in their window that the leprechaun would know to leave them a treasure. At the time, I wanted to hurt Lisa for telling them this {as I, I mean the Leprechaun, had not planned to leave them any treasures}. However, this has turned into a super fun tradition that my boys love. I know that because they NEVER FORGET about it!


Here is the treasure the Leprechaun left for them
{including some money which they asked for in their notes...
Payton is getting awfully smart!!}


I've always done a typical St. Patty's Day breakfast
complete with green milk, but this year,
instead of just coloring the pancakes green,
I did something a little more fun...


RAINBOW PANCAKES!
This awesome idea can be found here.
I'm not sure who was more excited about these
pancakes, me or the kids.
They were so easy to make and so much fun to eat!



After the kids enjoyed more Leprechaun fun at school
I let the boys deliver some of these homemade
sugar cookies to some {not all...sorry} of their friends.



We were LUCKY {get it} to have my parents
come join us for a green feast.
Irish Shepherd's Pie!


I'm really starting to love this fun holiday. I figure that I only have about a 12-15 year time frame that this holiday will actually be really fun for my kids. I want to TREASURE {oh...another pun} it while it lasts!

9 comments:

Becca said...

Are those vases new? They are so cute!

Sarah D said...

What a fun tradition! LOVE the pancakes! My kids would want them as rainbows every time!

Angie said...

You are such a fun mom! Where do you store all this holiday stuff?

Phipps Family said...

Seriously Brittany! Can I rewind time and have you be my mom? Your kids are so lucky to have such a fun creative mom. Way to go!

Brianne & Jarod said...

Ugh..you mean I am supposed to celebrate St. Patty's with more than a desperate attempt at making sure everyone is dressed in green to avoid the pinching? Seriously girl..you are amazing. Where do you find the time and energy. I am totally inspired by your new CEO plan (and just LOVE the idea of a family motto!!) I just can't seem to get the motivation to start it...could be the lack of sleep that I am still getting...I am sure hoping to start soon though! You are just INCREDIBLE!

Hawk Family said...

Love the pancakes!! I will have to remember that for next year. I love the memories you are making with your kids.

Andi said...

What a fun idea...don't pass it on to my kids!!! Just kidding...I really want to do more for that holiday to make fun memories with my kids. Maybe next year!! At least Ashton had school this year to add to his fun for St. Patty's Day!

Melissa said...

your rainbow pancakes turned out so cute! I will try to check your blog more often and comment. I love the time calander and the jones power thing.

Amanda said...

What a wonderful day!! Your pancakes looks delicious!!!

Blessings-
Amanda