10.30.2010

off track fun

I know that I'm back "tracking" {pun intended} a few weeks, but I have to post about our off track fun.  The boys are on year round school so we get to have mini-vacations all year long.  I absolutely love it when the boys go off track.  It's a three week long party at our house.  It's a time to reconnect with my kids and enjoy our time together.  The first day the boys are off track I have them each make a list of things they want to do while we're off track and then we plan these things into our time.

Here is Payton's list:


As you can see, his requests were fairly simple.  {FYI:  For those concerned about him as a student, you should be.  This is not his best work.  His goal for this term is to slow down and write more neatly.}

Parker's list was fairly simple as well:


After I see what the boys want to do, I usually have a few things that I want to do with them.  The biggest goal that I had this time was to try to visit my Grandma each week that we were off track.  Luckily, we were able to do this.  We took her to Gardner Village with us one week.  We went to lunch at Arctic Circle and got those awesome Square Pumpkins the next week.  We stopped by to visit the last week.  It was fun for her and us!  I've already blogged about some of the things we did while we were off track, but here's a few things I missed:

Pirate Pizza in Orem {so fun} with other friends who were off track...






Engh's Pumpkin Patch {a must every October}...





Lunch with Grandma Patty at Chuck E. Cheese {the boys were in heaven!}...





Sleepover at Grandpa Ock's & Grandma Patty's {heavenly for me and the boys}...


We've been back in school for three weeks now already, but I'm already looking forward to our next break!

1 comment:

Jaimy said...

I know, I'm already to go off-track again. Can't wait for January! I love the picture of all the boys listening to the story with their mouths open. So cute!