11.09.2010

happy trails


I just got released from one of the funnest callings I've ever had.  If you would have told me 2 1/2 years ago that I would actually be sad to be released from this calling I would have double over laughing.  This calling scared me to death.  It's like getting called to a foreign country on your mission.  Okay it's probably nowhere near that, but it felt that way too me.  I was the *drum roll please*...Cub Scout Committee Chair.  Exactly.  Most of you probably have no idea what that calling even is.  I know I didn't.  I knew that somebody in our ward took care of cub scouts and they did a wonderful job, beyond that...not. a. clue!  Well, it's taken me a couple years to figure out what I was doing.  I finally figured it out.  I finally loved it.  I got released.  Isn't that how it always goes?  Luckily, I have a son in cub scouts {and two more on their way} so I'll still get to enjoy it for too many years to come!

Do you blame me?  How many of you get to do things like this in your church callings?



Happy Trails,

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Brittany, did Jaimy tell you that I just got this calling? I was already scared, but then she told me how absolutely fantastic you were at it, and now I'm terrified! From everything Jaimy tells me, you are the exact opposite of me--organized, responsible, talented...hope you don't mind if I start emailing you constantly for advice. (I think Jaimy's the one who'll mind, since she's so protective of you. :) Seriously, I'm glad to hear it turned out fun for you, and I mean it when I say Jaimy told me you were amazing at it. Way to go! It's inspiring to see someone have fun with scouts rather than complain about it.

Diana said...

Brittany, I thought your "happy trails" little gift thing for my parents was adorable. I was dying at how creative it was! Only you, I thought could think of that. Adorable! I think you should write a book or compile all of your darling ideas. Then you can share them with others!!!

Reeses Pieces said...

I bet you were so good. We don't even have a Cub Scout leader here. I hate it! Carson would have loved to have had you as his cub scout "committee chair" whatever that is haha!

Jaimy said...

You were amazing and I'm going to miss having you in Scouts. It really just won't be the same. . . I haven't even eaten my trail mix yet because it was too cute to open. And I guess I can lend you to Jen once in a while . . . :)

Amanda said...

Nobody realizes how important that calling is until you are in Primary. I'm in the presidency and we are on our third horrible committee chair- luckliy one of our counselors is married to the Scout Master so she takes over and does everything. It is definitely an invaluable calling. I know you would have been FABULOUS!!! I totally agree that just when you are loving it and feel confident they release you- funny how that works. GREAT JOB!!