2.14.2011

happy valentines day







When Valentine's Cards came out this year, I rolled my eyes at the same selection my boys get to choose from every. single. year.  I'm pretty sure they don't even make new cards.  They just ship out the same Iron Man, Spiderman, Batman, NBA, etc.  Maybe it was my nauseous pregnant state that wouldn't let me buy them after seeing my boys reach for the same cards they gave out last year.  In one quick trip to Target, I decided we were making homemade Valentine Card's this year.  Even more surprising, my boys were totally on board!  We had so much fun making these together this year that I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to the buy-in-a-box kind.

This was also the first year that Payton got to make his own Valentine Box...so exciting!  This was always a highlight of my childhood although I can't even remember what any of mine looked like.  I just remember it was fun.  Payton and Tim whipped up this robot.  Unfortunately, Payton is going to miss out on one of the funnest school days of the year because he's home sick today.  His robot and Valentine cards are going to his class to make his debut without him!

Happy Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Again I am amazed at your capacity for creativity!! These are darling! I just read your pregnancy post and I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am for you!! It almost made me want to try and have a 4th- that is until I turned around to see my 18 month old nephew that I babysit- sucking down some soap he found under our cupboard- then reality set back in for me..LOL. You are such a great mom and this baby is going to be so lucky!! Good Luck ahead!

Andi said...

Way Cute!! I love the valentines. although you need to share your ideas before vday so the rest of us can be as amazing as you!! Maybe next year! Sorry to hear that Payton is home sick today. Hope he feels better soon.

Kevin Bergstrom said...

Tell Payton to get better. Does he ever check his email? I like the cards much better than the mass produced crap. Cards: racket, world-side conspiracy, run by the mafia ...

Jaimy said...

So cute! I agree - I couldn't stomach another year of NBA and Batman. With all you've done lately I'm seriously starting to doubt this sick act . . . totally kidding!! I know you can do stuff like this in your sleep. Really cute!

Unknown said...

The valentine's are really, super cute... I just hope that its still okay to just go buy some skittles when my kids are old enough to hand out valentines at school.