8.03.2011

school lunch









Parker has been a little homesick this second week of school.  When I told him that I could come to school and eat lunch with him, he was so excited!  It was a double bonus because Payton was chosen to be a lunch worker this week and could not have been happier.

Payton came running in the door from school Monday afternoon and said, "Guess what I got to do today?............I got to be a lunch worker!"  He then went on and on about how awesome it was.  Once he finished glowing about that, he had another huge announcement.  "You're never going to believe what else happened today?.......We got our recorders!"  {That story will have to be an entirely separate post because it's too good not to share.}

Obviously, Payton is L.O.V.I.N.G. 4th grade.  Parker loves school, but it's still just a little long for him.  I've gone to school lunch with him the last 2 days and I think it's more of a treat for me than for my boys.


2 comments:

Reeses Pieces said...

Woah girl---it must have taken you forever to post all of these :) I seriously loved working in the lunch room. They don't do that here and I'm always telling Carson he's missing out. Your nursery looks cute as always. Looks like you're ready for #4---Best of luck witht he end :)

Amanda said...

This post made me laugh- beacause that is exactly what my 4th grader comes home so excited about. She has been a lunch worker this week too- at least somebody gets excited about school lunch- ha ha. My older daughter played recorder last year so we already had ours and my 4th grader has been carrying it around in her backpack since school started and she plays it the whole way home. Ah to be 9- they don't know how great it is:) Good luck with your cute new guy!