11.08.2012

Hawaii - day eight

How could it possibly be the last day of our trip?  I woke up on our last day feeling sad.  I was NOT ready to leave.  Sure, I wanted to get home and see my boys, but they were having so much fun with Grandma I still really wasn't worried about them or missing them terribly bad.  I thought about just having them fly to Hawaii and meet us.  Then I realized that all good things must eventually come to an end.  It's always great to leave on a high note, right?  The weather was beyond perfect.  The food was amazing.  Our company was fabulous.  This was the most fun that Tim and I have ever had on a trip.  (Maybe we just don't get out enough?!?)

I ran through the resort on the last day and took a lot of "pictures with my heart" plus a few with my camera.  Another gorgeous sunrise...


The lava rocks that surrounded the entire resort...


The beautiful golf course club house...


After we packed up all of our stuff and stored it in the car for the day, we headed over to A bay again per my request to do some more snorkeling.


More snorkel nerdyness...


I stared at this scene realizing how much I was going to miss this in just a short 24 hours.  Sitting by the beach, soaking up some sun, great conversation, sand between my toes, saltwater stinging my throat and palm trees swaying in the wind. 


Tim used a bad mask the first day and had a bad experience, he gave it another try today and loved it this time.  We rented the gear for half a day today.  Tim and I spent most of this time exploring the water.  My friends loved making fun of me as I would get beached up onto the shore by a crashing wave and call out for Tim to come collect the seashells from me that I had just found on the ocean floor.  They were not that impressed with my new found snorkeling skills, but it did provide them a morning of entertainment!




After spending the morning on the beach, we headed back to our resort for lunch.  I'm glad we finally ate here because the food was really good!  One last picture of the group.  Tim & Josh are "smiling with their eyes" or doing a "pedismile" as they so observantly named it.  Creepy.


After lunch (and a super long debate about legalizing marijuana, which Tim, Melissa and myself removed ourselves from) we spent our last day in our favorite spot in the pool.  Tim & I played some one on one volleyball, while Melissa chatted it up on the beach chairs with one of our new friends.  When the rest of the crew was finished with their debate, we had a water slide contest.  Yes, we were very juvenile and it felt amazing!  Annie dominated that contest and then proceeded to give the rest of us water slide technique lessons.  Who knew.  As 4:00 pm rolled around we knew it was time to get showered up.  Boo.  Did I mention that I was not ready for this day or this week to end?  Ever.  Luckily, in another moment of awesome serendipity,  our resort was having a Hula show (a luau show without the huge buffet of food) that evening.  After we got all ready, we were able to watch an amazing show.  I took more video than I did pictures, but trust me, it was awesome!  The perfect way to end our fabulous Hawaiian adventure.  Tim, Jordan & Josh even got to join in the show and dance.  They've got some skillz.    


I took one last picture of the resort as we headed to our car.  Goodbye paradise...


Tim getting to hold Hallie one last time... 


We made a couple stops then ended up at the airport.  As soon as we arrived there, I was ready to be home.  Unfortunately, there was 10 hours between this airport and home.  We were so sad to say goodbye to our friends.  I hate goodbyes.  We were ready to rejoin our family at home though.  This Hawaiian adventure was unforgettable and would not have been the same without our awesome friends.  Tim and I felt so blessed to be there and to be with some really great people who we learned some much from and enjoyed laughing so hard with.  

Aloha.  

Mahalo.  

And anything else that might mean thank you, thank you, thank you and goodbye :(


No comments: